Starting Points in Anti-Racist and Anti-Bias Pedagogy: Elementary Session
Event Date & Time
August 31st 2022 12:30pm
Cambie Secondary School
This is an introductory session on anti-bias and anti-racist pedagogy. Key principles of anti-bias and anti-racist pedagogy shared in this session include:
- beginning with identity and positionality
- building racial consciousness
- growing our capacity and comfort in talking about race and racism
- rethinking, unlearning, and decolonizing ethnocentric worldviews
- developing a mindset of cultural humility
- exploring a framework for historically and culturally responsive education
Pedagogical theory, age-appropriate instructional strategies, planning frameworks, and resource recommendations will be shared during the session.
Target Audience: Elementary Teachers
Time: 12:30 - 3:00 pm
You will need to login before you can register for this or any event on this site.